Flatirons Families,

We’re checking in and want you to know we’re thinking about you and hoping you are well . . . maybe even enjoying some quality family time.
We want to assure you we are following USA Volleyball, RMR and the state and federal directives.

Coaches have sanitized the balls. They’ve also researched and shared at home activities.

RMR met on Monday and worked toward making plans for the remainder of the season. Because of the numerous unknowns, they were not able to come to any final decisions.
RMR is talking about postponing the Power 6 Tournaments to May or June. As soon as they have a solid decision, they’ll let us know.
They are also considering an end of season tournament in May.

I was hoping we’d be able to get back to our practice schedule next week. It’s obvious that won’t be happening. USA Volleyball’s return date of April 15 remains in place; that could change in either direction. Since the shelter-at-home release date set by the state of Colorado is April 17, it’s looking like the earliest possible practice resumption date would be April 20th. These target dates are contingent on the path of the COVID-19 virus.

We are working on securing gyms starting April 20th. I spoke with BVSD Facility Rental office today and there hasn’t been an announcement about the availability of gyms.

In regard to refunds, Flatirons will refund as much as we can depending on refunds we receive from RMR and National Qualifier Tournaments.
Our top priority is to pay our fabulous coaches.

We will likely have the figures around the end of June.

Thank you for your patience as we work through these unprecedented challenges!

Susan Cancilla
Director