The Rocky Mountain Region has a policy that states firearms cannot be brought to a
See “I will not” #5 on attached code of conduct.
This rule was violated at the last tournament; not by a Flatirons parent or affiliate.
Please review the Spectator Code of Conduct (no need to sign & return) and inform any guests who attend that they are expected to abide by the RMR rules for spectators.
SPECTATOR/PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
(This legally binding document may be reproduced as often as necessary)
IMPORTANT NOTICE – ENTRY TO THIS PRIVATELY SANCTIONED EVENT IS GRANTED AS A COURTESY. IF YOU ENTER/ATTEND THIS, OR ANY REGION SANCTIONED EVENT, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING CODE OF CONDUCT GUIDELINES:
1. I WILL abide by the official rules of USA Volleyball.
2. I WILL display good sportsmanship at all times.
3. I WILL encourage my child and his/her team, regardless of the outcome on the court.
4. I WILL educate myself on the unique rules of this facility.
5. I WILL honor the rules of the host and the host facility.
6. I WILL generate goodwill by being polite and respectful to those around me at this event.
7. I WILL direct my child to speak directly with his/her coach when coaching decisions are made that may be confusing or unclear.
8. I WILL redirect any negative comments from others to the respective Event Director or Program Administrator.
9. I WILL direct all concerns regarding officials to the Head Coach or Club Director for my team/club as opposed to contacting the Head Official directly.
10. I WILL immediately notify the Event Director and/or Program Administrator in the event that I witness any illegal activity.
11. I WILL support the policies and guidelines of the team/club that I represent.
12. I WILL acknowledge effort and good performance, remembering that all of the players in this event are amateur athletes.
13. I WILL model exemplary spectator behavior while attending this event.
14. I WILL respect the history and tradition of the sport of volleyball by being a good ambassador.
I WILL NOT:
1. I WILL NOT harass or intimidate the officials or other match participants.
2. I WILL NOT coach my child from the bleachers and/or sidelines.
3. I WILL NOT criticize my child’s coach or his/her teammates.
4. I WILL NOT participate in any game or game-like activities unless I have a current membership card with the Region and I am on the roster for the team on the court
5. I WILL NOT bring and/or carry any firearms at any Region event.
6. I WILL NOT bring, purchase, or consume alcohol at any Youth/Junior volleyball event.
Note: Any violation of this Code of Conduct will result in you being asked to leave the site/facility, and may result in you possibly being banned from attending future Region sanctioned events. Fines will be assessed to the Affiliated Club and will be collected by the Region, these fines may range from $200 – $500 depending on the type of violation. Multiple violations of this policy will be reviewed by the RMR Junior Committee in which they will assess fines and possibly revoke permission for any individual to attend any RMR Sanctioned Event for any length of time. The Event Director has the FINAL say regarding their individual event. Local law enforcement will be contacted if necessary to resolve any disputes or altercations. Questions or concerns may be directed to the Region office, Wendy Sapp at email@example.com.
Parent Name: Parent Signature:
Date: Club Name: